Saturday, May 13

Kobe Beef: The Most Expensive Yet Satisfying Mea!!


*Another extremely backdated post. Actual event took place on 21/10/2005 (I told you is quite backdated) at Kobe, JAPAN*
Don't know why after I put up the ramen blog, I sort of thought of the time when Kaka and I went to Japan..Guess the ramen pictures I took look so exactly like the ramen pics from Japan..then Kaka was suggesting putting up the Kobe Beef pictures we had...yes that was one of the great highlight of our trip...I still remember before we even step on the plane to Japan we already planned we DEFINATELY must eat the whale meat in Japan, loads and loads of ramen and Kobe Beef...so here are the pics of the real and authentic Kobe Beef (even my mouth is watering now and I'm eating while writing this..:D)

One thing I should mention is that when we said we wanted to eat the food doesn't mean we know where to go...and in Japan trust me NO ONE KNOWS ENGLISH!!!haha we had such an experience asking for directions to satisfy our food cravings (the best was still when we tried asking directions to look for whale meat)...but the kobe beef was no diffrence...we were at the Kobe Shinkansen Station and was like asking every potential ppl on where to eat kobe beef (WE WERE THAT DESPERATE!)...haha like seriusly we went to Kobe just to eat their beef!!!! anyways manage to find a place in the end (or actually there were many so we just choose the one we think looks better)....

Anyways we went in the restaurant and was sitted on a table (tepenyaki style) and in front of us the chef would demonstrate the so delicate kobe beef cooking...:D we were shown the humongous chunk of meat (seriusly saliva really dripping)...then the chef slowly went into the process of cooking (which I should stress really SLOW...had to cut this and that and cook this and that before he actually got with the meat as seen in the picture)...meanwhile we were kept busy with the appetizer (smoked salmon..really good), soup (cream of chicken soup i think) and salad (and believe it or not..I actually ate it...EVERYTHING!!! got to make my money worth it men..haha and no I still hate vegetables)..when we finally finished with the not so important meals, we had the kobe beef nicely displayed in front of us like what is shown in the pic..Should point out that the meat is not seasoned at all with anything..and the verdict on taste.....absolutely wonderfully delicious..the meat was like so soft and tender and the juice was seriusly heavenly (could also be due to the fact i was already salivating heavily then)......

All in all the meal was once in a lifetime experience for me and Kaka..like where else can we get a real authentic kobe beef meal but in Kobe itself and all for the price of AUD 110...haha ok ok I admit a bit on the ex side but as I mentioned where else can we get it??? ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT unlike the other expensive meal I had which I didn't even enjoy (2 month ago post) :D...so what the hell is so great about Kobe beef anyway?? I think I read somewhere long ago that the cows that give kobe beef are massaged (yes that is the cow's form of exercise) and fed beer everyday (ah great now the cow has better life than me!!)..so yes that would explain why kobe beef is so so expensive but yet oh so worth every penny..the good part of it is I read somewhere that kobe beef is actually very healthy beef full of unsaturated fat compared to those cheap beef out there (yes my scientific mind is coming into the picture again)...:D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Nicole Tan said...

thanks whoever you are :)

kaka said...

Nicole, reading your blog on our Japan trip really brings back a lot of funny memories!!thanks for immortalizing our trip!:)

Nicole Tan said...

haha actualy i should have written more lah..now that i look back men i really do miss japan...let's go there agaiN!