Thursday, May 24

Cecilia's Birthday @ Thainesia, Oxford St Part 2

Note: The weather is CRAZY!!! is freezing cold....but yet the sun is shining like nobody's business!!!

thainesia banquet

Continuition from Part 1

Finally our food arrived!!!! or just the entrees first...and we have like 3 entrees!!!! The Fish Cake was just ok ok la...nothing great...the sweet chilli sauce was yum though....then came the money bags...haha I was playing with mine just to see how well tied it was...I have to admit it was pretty good!!! they sort of tied it with some flour and fried it together...crunchy!!!! The Betel Leaf With Prawn was yummy...I of course conveniently took out the leaf...but the prawn was yummy...they sprinkled some fried coconut on it....so gave is a special aroma....I recomend this one...

The main dishes then came after we finish our entree all at ONE GO!!! yes 7 main dishes!! I was like wow a bit a lot of food right??? and is all served with rice too....looks like I can just skip the rice... Deep fried king prawn was ok ok...normal fried stuff...The Crispy Salmon With Chilli Jam was a dissapointment because it sort of smelt very fishy and I hate my fish smelling fishy (I'm very fussy!)....the massaman beef curry by the way was superb....it was cooked for a very long time because the beef literally melts in the mouth...and they garnished it with some fried sweet potato which I thought was pretty cool...the duck curry was good too....unique...the failure of the night has to be the lemon grass prawn and the ayam panggang...both of them were like quite tasteless and too ordinary!!! I personally liked the the soft shell crab with mangoes!! seldom see ppl serving soft shell crab here...and it was fried to perfection and topped with sour mangoes...as much as I hate sour mangoes...it did pretty much intensify the taste of the crab...and they served it with glass noodles too which was yummy!!!!

Foodwise I think is more of Thai fusion style...designed to please the "white ppl".....if you are Asian I think you might be just a little dissapointed from it....and for $29 per head..I think is pretty good...it is pretty cheap for that much food...I gurantee you that you would leave FULL!

After dinner, we then...........to be continued

8 comments:

May said...

been awhile since I've had really good Thai food. and I'm a sucker for yummy mango, especially the kerabu type! do they serve it there, or just that soft shell crab with mango?

Nicole Tan said...

may: really?? you work in city should be so near Thai Street!! yummy ones too!! one of them on goulbourn street has damn nice milk tea!!! and no this place i went to has no kerabu type..is just the soft shell crab with mango (and that too was the special for the day)..

Michelle said...

where is thainesia nicole?

Nicole Tan said...

Michelle: hello...thainesia is on Oxford Street, Darlinghurst...is a little tiny shop next to Verona Cinema if I'm not mistaken

WokandSpoon said...

Too bad the salmon wasn't that good - it sounded good with the chili jam!

Carrie said...

Everything LOOKS fantastic though...

angel said...

i just love your food picture collages- they make my mouth water and convey the whole mood of the occasion! this looks fabulous and now i'm hungry!

Nicole Tan said...

wokandspoon: I know it really points to looks are deceiving..haha

carrie: yeah i know..when I did the post I too was getting hungry

angel: thanks!! haha if you are ever in Sydney go and have some of it!