Friday, May 11

DaeJangGeum Korean BBQ Restaurant With The Family

Note: Friday at last..this week has been like a roller coaster with its ups and downs!!! but weekend also still need to work!! I still have to go through for the xxx times my manuscript before submitting next week...darn

daejanggeum

Backdated post to 10 March 2007

After the extreme failure of my shopping Saturday, Joyce and I then picked my mum and my brother up to go out for dinner..and since are a very Korean oriented family, we decided to go to DaeJangGeum Korean BBQ restaurant...I don't really like the side dishes at this place but this is the only place I know of that has a BBQ set that is worth drooling about..most places require you to seperately order the meat..but here there are sets you can choose that is affordable...so increasing the variety of BBQ we can have...my mum and my sister obviously did not eat that because they are the "healthy" bunch so they opted for the seafood hotpot...leaving Jonathan and I to devour the meat ourselves!! haha and devour happily was what we did....

and of course my sister who is equally as hiao as me decided to have some pics taken...I have to say my brother sucks in taking photos...can't get nicer pics of us!! FAIL

ps sorry about the graininess of the pic!! me no photoshop expert..dunno how to make it nicer...

9 comments:

may said...

is this restaurant anywhere near Liverpool St ah? loads of korean bbq places to eat there too! winter coming, this is gonna be sooooo nice to eat...

p.s. thank you for your wishes on velverse's blog! :)

Sandra said...

Just wanted to know that your food tag is still going strong, it just came to Minneapolis, MN today and I sent it off around the country/world even further!

Nicole Tan said...

May: Happy birthday again and no sweat...all I had to do was remind velverse of the time diffrence..haha.

the restaurant is on Goulbourn St right opposite Fujiya and Seoul Ria entrance..good place to go if you have very little ppl to share the BBQ..if you have a big bunch go somewhere else!! with better side dish!!! I simply adore the place opposite where you and jimbo work Sydney Madang..YUMMY!

Nicole Tan said...

sandra: going to your site now to have a look..thanks so much!

amera hearts said...

i love korean bbq!can't find a good place here though :(

What A Crock said...

oh my god korean bbq is the good stuff right there!!

hi! thanks for stoppin by! i know Mob at Dear Bastards also did the survey and he's on my blogroll under Dear Bastards. ;)

have good weekend!

Nicole Tan said...

amera hearts: is hard to find korean food around...but don't worry they are spreading!! just last year there was only a few korean shops around Sydney...and now there is a street called Little Korea now...so just you wait!

What a crock: thanks for the note...I have him in my update too! feel free to check it out... and yes korean bbq is good stuff..infact all BBQ is yum!! MEAT MEAT MEAT!! yippeeeeeee

Simple American said...

I heart Korean food. Love all the little side dishes as much as the main course.

Hey is one of your parents Korean? I look at your face and you do have the Korean cheekbones. Plus you made the Korean oriented family contact.

Wonder if I will ever go back to Korea?

Nicole Tan said...

simple american: I know me love korean food..yummy!! and no none of my parents are korean...and as far as i know none of my grandparesnt too...darn! but you did make my day saying i look like one :)

go back to korea!!! I like korea!!!