Sunday, September 30

Bangkok Day 2 Part 6: Finally eating time!!!

Note: Is definately not a good idea to do a food post when you just wake up and have not had breakfast....and now I'm seriusly craving for sausages....going to have to dig my freezer to find some!

snack time at hotelsuanlom night market

Backdated post to 21st June 2007 and continuation from Part 5

Apart from our breakfast and that short stop to have a drink at Golden Palace, cuz and I have not had anything to eat!!! and after that much walking!!! we were both so starving by the end of it....by the time we got back to our hotel area, our first stop was the nearest 7-Eleven to get some snacks to eat in our air conditioned room....that was so heavenly!!! so we grabbed some drinks (I got the milk tea while cuz fell in love with the cute coke can)....and we got a packet of Bibimbap (korean hot pot rice) flavoured chips, oreo wafers and a packet of hershey chocalate covered marshmallow with orange centre....the chips were the best..maybe because I was seriusly hungry and wanted something savoury rather than sweet...the wafers wasn't anything great but definately still taste good..the hershey was a bit of a dissapointment..it just tasted weird...

After having a bit of a rest, cuz and I decided to take a cab to Suanlom Night Market...we were a little unsure whether it was still open or not because cuz thought it was closed down...but YES IT IS STILL OPEN!!! the first thing we did when we got there was to look for a place for dinner...truthfully speaking we wanted to have loads of street food, but the place didn't have much....they just had this huge area where all the food stalls were located (aka not on the street)....so we decided to just eat there...and boy wasn't it fun....as you can see from the picture, cuz and I went on an all meat diet....our parents would definately be shaking their heads in despair looking at our meal...haha..yummy greasy and all meat!!!..the best of all of them was definately the Chiangmai Sausages (15 baht)..cuz and I were like totally in love with it...definately one of the best sausages we've ever ate...it was like crunchy and at the same soft....and the spices and herbs inside made it taste like "tom yum" (spicy & sour)...just PERFECT!!!!..the other garlic pork sausage (15 baht) was good too just not as perfect as the chiangmai one!! haha...we also got some grilled chicken (50 baht) which to me was quite yummy...especially with the sauce that came with it..from another stall we also manage to get a sausage and meatball combo (30 baht) which didn't taste very nice.. the meatballs (15 baht) we got off the streets previously were so much more better....I then went to get the crab/pork meatball (40 baht) which to me tasted a bit weird and the shrimp roll (50 baht) which to me was excellent..since I love those crunchy style of roll....The whole dinner excluding the drinks (cuz got that so I don't know how much that cost) was 215 Baht = Rm23 = AUD 7 = USD 6....you tell me how in the world you expect me not to put on weight in this country?!!!!

After dinner, we then went to walk around Suanlom night market...the stuffs there are pretty much ok..but cuz say at the high end so yes we didn't buy anything!!! save money now first...we shall go to the cheap place and wallop everything!!! :)

6 comments:

may said...

I see so many bola-bola on sticks... hahaha! I miss eating good fishball. none really goodhere, dunno why... or maybe I've not been eating at the right stalls?

Curiosity.Killer said...

Oh, I wanna go to bangkok.

Simple American said...

I made a similar mistake Nicole. Only I read your post an hour and half before lunch. No chance for sausages or those chips either. Just kill me.

Nicole Tan said...

may: yeah you are right no nice bola bola here..unless you go to chinatown night market..not too bad there

curiosity killer: haha go go cheap cheap!!!

simple american: haha sorry don't say I never warned you in the note section...damn ad I still have my sausage craving!

Shantanu said...

Whoa! That's a lot of great food... :-)

Nicole Tan said...

shantanu: oh yeah men...bangkok food heaven!!!