Saturday, September 1

Nicole's Kitchen: Baked Oreos CheeseCake

Note: Sorry for the slack in recipe post...It is quite hard to camwhore in the kitchen you know....and you wouldn't want the recipe post to be without me right??!! P/s negative answer is strictly prohibited!

oreo cheesecake
Another one of me favourite recipe....and Jonathan's too...except he didn't get to try this since I made this for Mary's dinner weekend...Unfortunately this recipe does not have any alcohol whatsoever so if you are planning to use the recipe to "put down" the kids I think you might have to modify the recipe a bit...Due to extreme sugar content in this recipe, chances are your kids would love it and eat so much of it till they go on sugar high....Don't say you are not warned!

Ingredients Needed:
Oreo Biscuits:truthfully speaking you need 3 packs (14 biscuits in one)...but trust me just go get 4!!!!
Butter:
Cream Cheese: 3 blocks (3x250g)..I know is fattening!!!
Sugar: 1 cup (dun worry it won't come out that sweet!)
Eggs: 5 large eggs
Salt: 1 pinch
Vanilla Essense: 2 teaspoon
Flour: 1/4 cup
Sour Cream: 300g

Steps:
1) Make base: Grind two pack of the oreo biscuits (DUN STEAL ANY!)...and melt the butter and mix it with the crumbs. Press in pan...Use a kitchen towel to absorb leftover butter (just to make it a tiny little bit less fattening....:D )

2) Make the filling: Beat cream cheese until creamy and fluffy...Add sugar....Add eggs one at a time and mix well...Add the vanilla essence, salt, flour and sour cream accordingly. Turn off mixer and stir in coarsely chopped Oreo (about half a pack)

3) Pour into pan with crust. Top it with the other half pack of the coarsely chopped Oreo (could be more if you want...If there is extra...since by this time I already ate one whole pack!)

4) Bake at 160 degree celcius for one hour and 15 minutes. After that just turn off the oven and open the door for one hour. Remove the cake and put it in the refigerator overnight.

5) Need I say more?!

Warning: Try not to forget about the cheesecake in the oven yar....I was busy watching my drama till I forgot all about it...Got slightly burned....so be careful!!!

7 comments:

WokandSpoon said...

Oh wow!!! oreo cheesecake! I can feel the pounds packing on! yum!

may said...

when I cumbek to Sydney, you're gonna bake me some Oreo cheesecake, yes? *licks lips*

Nicole Tan said...

wokandspoon: haha is not that fattening I think

may: haha anytime may for you anytime

Simple American said...

That looks so good.

I see you eating the Oreo and I remember I used to be able to eat an entire bag at one sitting. No help. Is it any wonder that I am a fat pig? haha

Nicole Tan said...

simple american: haha yeah oreos cheesecake is ze best!!! so good!! yum....haha you are not a fat pig!! I still need to get diet tips from you!

KeV's wAlKAbOuT said...

hey we in the same school also never pass me some to eat ah! =P lol...

Oreo bis... I know.. u take out the top bis and use it for ur cooking, and you eat the bottom bis with the cream right? lol... no wonder u need so many packets... lol

Nicole Tan said...

kev: haha we not in same school what...same uni only..but if you want you are more than welcome to my lab to come and eat...haha yeah that is why i need so many packet...hai