Sunday, October 7

Bangkok Day 3 Part 1: Wat Saket (Golden Mount)

Note: I got kissed by a stranger yesterday in front of my parents!!!! argh...and he wasn't even cute!

wat saketwat saket 2

Backdated post to 22nd June 2007

One good thing about going on holiday with velverse is that we have a great understanding....in the morning she wakes up first and get ready while I get to sleep in a while more..:) and after she is done, she will come to me and wake me up...:) but I still want more sleep!!!! I think going on holiday just by ourself is proving to be more hectic than those tour groups..

After brekkie, cuz and I then took a cab to our first destination of the day...Wat Saket or Golden Mount...this is actually a temple on top of a man-made mountain...yes M.O.U.N.T.A.I.N. aka velverse and I are going for a morning hike up to the temple....or to be more exact, 318 steps....but don't worry is not that bad actually...since we were stopping a lot to take pictures of the surrounding...the journey up and down was actually very beautiful..lots of pretty flowers (take this from a not so flower loving person), beautiful fountains/waterfall and heaps of BELLS!!! more than a hundred bells along the way....yes Nicole the super itchy finger girl decided to ring as many as she can....but I didn't overdo it...I know how to control ok!!! Once we reached the top, we then went in the temple and straight to the top where the chedi is located....This is the attraction of the place and you can see everyone kneeling and praying here...the view from this place is amazing...you can get a 360 view of Bangkok from here....so great picture taking spot!!! we then went back down into the temple and into the praying hall where everything inside was seriusly gold...didn't take pictures inside though...but it was a really beautifully decorated room..small with a small little golden buddha in the middle....the admission fee for that was 10 baht in the form of donation.....Wat Saket in the end was cuz and my last temple visit in Bangkok....we did 3 temples: Wat Phra Kaeo (supposedly for endless wealth and prosperity), Wat Pho (for calmness and happiness) and now Wat Saket

On the way down from the Golden Mount was the time when I had my disgusting encounter (look at number 6) which made me ran all the way to cuz and hide!! while I was looking at the pictures recently when I was doing this post, this was what they were saying about Wat Saket (create auspicious vision) I wouldn't exactly call that an auspicious vision I just saw...arghhh!!!!! so after that scarring experience, cuz and I went to the building adjacent to the foot of the Golden Mount which I have no idea what it is called..In there was a huge statue of Buddha in gold...I have to say it actually looks really cool and huge...and once we walked around that area, there was so many more statues around...one being the golden statue of a trio praying....so if you guys are around here, atleast take the time to walk this other place too!!

4 comments:

may said...

wait, you got me intrigued... I'm more interested in that stranger kissing you than Bangkok! LOL! who was it?

Nicole Tan said...

may: my goodness you are more interested in the note instead of my post?! :( it was actually one of the waiter at a restaurant I was eating at....

case_in_point said...

auspicious vision!!!??? how ironic is that? the universe really has a sense of humour (at your expense) haha.

I must visit Thailand soon...

Nicole Tan said...

case_in_point: yeah talk about my expense...hai scarred in my mind for the time being...yes go visit thailand...really nice!! and yummy food!