Sunday, July 1

Suon Nuong Xa with Nuoc Cham sauce

Note: This blog needs more food

Suon Nuong Xa (Lemongrass Pork) with Nuoc Cham sauce

Cooking this quite a lot lately.... Love it so much.... Yummy succulent pork with the special Vietnamese sauce!! Recipe I used is a very basic recipe since I believe in simplicity

Ingredients:
400g pork (I think so far scotch fillet cut is the best cut to strips)
Fish sauce to taste
1 stalk lemon grass
2 cloves of garlic
Sugar to taste
Lime juice to taste
1 cili padi (sliced)
Water

1. Grind the lemongrass until super fine... The finer the better....
2. Mince a clove of garlic and add with the Lemongrass. Add about 1/4 cup of fish sauce. Mix and make like paste... Add oil if you want but I don't
3. Marinate the pork with the paste for at least 1 hour
4. Grill the pork in an oven until brown. If lazy, just pan fry until brown...
5. To make Nuoc Cham sauce, mince the other clove of garlic. Add the chilli. Add fish sauce, sugar and lime juice to taste (really depends on you. I like my sauce salty and sour).. As a guide 1/4 cup fish sauce, juice from 1 lime, and 1 tbsp sugar). I would also add about 5 tbsp water to dilute the sauce a bit so is more suitable as a dipping sauce.

1 comment:

velverse said...

Wow.. seriously, since when my cousin so health concious till no oil in marinating? Really?? Who are you? Why are you pretending to be my cousin?

And seriously, this blog needs more nicole than food. Then again, I don't mind more recipes. Haha... I am about to post my 30mins instant dishes soon at my blog. Awww... don't the great minds think alike :)